Special Assignments Reporter
• Producer and songwriter Kim Fowley died on Jan. 15 at the age of 75 of bladder cancer. He was famous for his work with the band The Runaways.
• Puddle of Mudd singer Wes Scantlin was arrested on Jan. 16 for riding a luggage carousel at the Denver airport. Scantlin was bailed out by a fan and headed straight to the venue where the band performed hours later than they were supposed to.
• Edgar Froese, founder of the electronic band Tangerine Dream, died on Jan. 20 from a pulmonary embolism at the age of 70.
• On Jan. 22, Asking Alexandria singer Danny Worsnop announced that he’s quitting the band after eight years.
• Tom DeLonge, guitarist for the band Blink-182, left the band according to a statement made by his bandmates on Jan. 26. The band says they received an email from DeLonge’s manager stating that DeLonge no longer wanted to be in the band. DeLonge countered the statement shortly after claiming he never said he was leaving. Members of the band interviewed with Rolling Stone magazine after DeLonge’s statement, saying that for the foreseeable future, DeLonge is not in the band.
• On Jan. 26, the band Faith No More announced they are touring North America for the first time since 2010.
• The YouTube channel Barackdubs released a video on Jan. 27 for the song Uptown Funk by Mark Ronson. The video had over 200,000 views in its first 24 hours.
• On Jan. 27, Lady Gaga announced through Twitter that she’ll be performing at the 2015 Grammy Awards with Tony Bennett.
• Sony announced on Jan. 28 that its Music Unlimited service is going to be replaced by PlayStation Music, which is a new Spotify-powered service.
• Concert Calendar
• Otep is performing at 6 p.m. on Feb. 9 at Studio Seven. Advance tickets cost $16 and $20 at the door.
• Behemoth is playing at 7:30 p.m. on Feb. 10 at El Corazon. Tickets cost $27.50. Doors open at 7 p.m.
• At 7 p.m. on Feb. 16 at The Showbox, August Burns Red is playing with Miss May I. Tickets are $22 in advance and $25 at the door. Doors open at 6:30 p.m.
• Motion City Soundtrack is playing at 7:30 p.m. on Feb. 17 at The Showbox. Advance tickets are $22.50 and increase to $25 at the door. Doors open at 6:30 p.m.
• Kate Voegele will be performing at 8 p.m. on Feb. 18 at The Crocodile in Seattle. Tickets cost $20.
• At 9 p.m. on Feb. 20 at The Showbox, Cold War Kids will be playing with Elliot Moss. Tickets are $22 in advance and $25 at the door. Doors open at 8 p.m.
• Suicide Silence will be playing at 6 p.m. on Feb. 20 at El Corazon. Advance tickets cost $17. Tickets go up to $20 the day of the show. Doors open at 5:30 p.m.
The Puyallup Post is the award-winning news media of Pierce College Puyallup in Puyallup, Washington. Copyright The Puyallup Post 2018. Find us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Youtube @thepuyalluppost
- Fighting Words: Should Washington State do a full shutdown? - December 16, 2020
- Fighting Words: Has Pierce College implemented enough effort and resources into the eLearning format for students? - November 20, 2020
- Fighting Words: Should non-mask wearers be penalized? - September 7, 2020